How to: Install Netgear WG311v3 Wireless Driver in Win7 – 64 bit
Those who have 32 bit version of windows 7 and want to install Netgear WG311v3 driver then read this article else follow the steps below to install the driver for 64 bit windows 7
By default 64 bit windows 7 does not allow any digitally unsigned driver to load in memory; this is as per the architecture. Here are the steps to follow in order to have your driver installed and working properly:
1. download netgear WG311v3 driver for windows 7
2. once download is complete; right click the .exe file and under “compatibility” tab select OS “vista SP3” and “run as administrator”
3. install the driver and in end windows will say plug out the h/w and put it back and restart. click ok but dont take out the wireless card and dont restart.
4. install ReadyDriverPlus and follow the wizard; if you are not sure about the options then do not change anything and install with default settings. This will enable windows to boot without “signed driver” option. This step is important
5. Restart windows now; you will notice some screens will appear and automatically windows will load with settings “disable the signed driver” option
6. Once windows starts; you wil notice that netgear setup continues; select your geo region and you will see the networks you can connect to.
hope it helps someone :)